Wednesday, May 12, 2010

2 weeks to OPENING NIGHT

Everything has been going well now that scheduling is running smoothly and we have more time per scene, which I know director is also thankful for. Im really enjoying seeing it all slowly come together and how it has changed from the very beginning where actors merely are reading lines and not particularly in position etc etc.

Once I got my prompt script organized (it had to be perfect) I feel more on top of everything and am getting the hang of blocking, Im not even caring tat I need to rub out blocking ALL THE TIME.

Rehearsal reports are going out every night so that designers keep on top of information ASAP. Props keep changing a lot however I am very appreciative of Sam (DSM) who is managing all props and my ASM timetable. Its very handy having little minions, as they've been called by designers.

W have changed te sets to only 3 blocks which ha freed up the space a lot and will be interesting to see it all come together in the playhouse. We bump in next week!!! Which is very exciting however a little stressful to see how much blocking will change and also getting all the Qs together during tech. I think it will be a very heavily Q-ed production wit SFX/LX and Projection will a lot of visuals. BUT I guess thats what tech rehearsals are for.

Just trying to get the schedule out for the actors for the final 2 weeks of rehearsals before PREVIEW!!!!! I feel extremely organized, even with other UNI work/essays and am coping very well, I seam to be the only designer not stressing, BUT this may change when we get to the playhouse... weekends are my saviors...

No comments:

Post a Comment